Have a question or comment about this sighting? Join our open discussion and let us know what you think.
04/23/2013 12:26 UTC
Date of the Event
04/22/2013 09:45 UTC
look up for lyrid meteors in the verde valley, az, but that was no meteor. We followed it across the sky from bascially east to west it was eradic it seemed to meet 3 others way in the low west say about 15 degrees from the ground. then it just jammed .
The latitude and longitude presented here is an approximation to protect the reporters identity
Over One Mile
Object Flight Path
Path with directional change
Cylinder, Disc, Oval, Sphere
1. I was watching TV and during the commercials I ran out to check for meteors since tonight is lyrid.
2. Was looking for meteors.
3. I thought it was a plane. I ran in to get a family member to check it out and confirm.
4. Object moved erratically but consistently east to west with lots of colorful blinking light. What caught our attention was it moved way way too fast for the angles it was making. this was no plane. this is the first time i have seen something nutty like this
5. It did NOT fly in a straight line it went east to west but not in a straight line not consistent and NOT an airplane.
6. It headed south toward Mexico and I lost a visual.
it is in the first quarter part of the pic bit just a dot.
WE ARE NOT Crazy.
this is awesome
Did You See It? Have a Comment or Question? Discuss it Below.