The latitude and longitude presented here is an approximation to protect the reporters identity
Object Flight Path
Path with directional change
1) I was standing in front of the Franconia Sports Shop.
2) I was looking up at a beautiful moon.
3) I first thought it was perhaps fireworks, airplane, or a flare off in the distance. I quickly realized it was none of those.
4) Balls of light, from my perspective, about the size of a large star or planet, in the night sky appearing at one second intervals at equal distance every time. The lights lasted half a second. It was on one trajectory at first from SE to NW and they progressed with sequential flashes 10 or 12 times across the sky. It then stopped (disappeared) for a few seconds, and then reappeared headed at about an 85 degree angle NE but still in the SW sky. 6 or 8 more lights appeared and then stopped almost directly above me. It was clear with a bright moon and I could see no stars though I was in a village with some surface lighting. That drew my attention as well as I am a star gazer and know the effects of ambient, surface light pollution. Once it was gone, I listened for aircraft noise, as the military practices frequently in this area, and there was none.
5) I felt I had seen a UFO, for sure, for the first time in my life.
6) It just quit after the second shorter pass.
Note: I thought about going into the shop and bringing out others to witness this but I was so taken that I did not. I may be the only witness to this event. I was sober and am a responsible person well respected internationally in my profession which is music performance and education. I'm making this report because of the credibility of MUFON and your sincere desire to get to the truth about UFO's. I've seen other weird lights in the sky earlier in my life but this was the most dramatic, and strange (compared to what I normally see in the sky). that I have ever witnessed. For whatever this is worth, I hope that it helps you. I would like to be kept informed if you figure this out.
A. Kendall Betts
Did You See It? Have a Comment or Question? Discuss it Below.