The latitude and longitude presented here is an approximation to protect the reporters identity
501 Feet - 1 Mile
Object Flight Path
1. Passenger on Southwest Airlines FLT 299 DAL-MCI. Plane was at cruising altitude. Mid-end of flight.
2. Glanced out the window and it caught my eye.
3. The tail fin of a southbound plane.
4. Object did not appear to be moving horizontally. Seemed to fade in and out of a cloud bank. Was initially tilted at a 45 degree angle, then appeared to flatten out as the plane passed by. Could not see a fuselage. When it didn't appear to move I began taking pictures.
5. It seemed too close for a plane. I thought it might be an unusual shaped dark cloud (there were storm over Kansas City the night before and that day but there no other dark clouds around and it looked very straight and solid. I didn't think about it anymore until I returned to Dallas the following day and showed the pictures to my family.
6. I don't remember.
Did You See It? Have a Comment or Question? Discuss it Below.