1. I was sleeping with the blinds open so I can see the hills when I wake up (my apt faces a canyon/hills with no houses in front) and see the star-like object flying upward above the hills, in the distance.
2. It was the first thing I saw/noticed when I opened my eyes.
3. At first, thought it was a bright plane, but then realized it's too bright/large and it also stopped flying and hovered.
4. Object was bright, mostly white but could see colors flashing randomly. After flying upward quickly, stopped, hovered and zig-zagged back and forth, moved side to side, up and down, slowly and quickly randomly, too fast and fluid for known airplane or helicopter to accomplish.
5. Realized it wasn't a plane or anything that made sense. Sat up in bed staring at it, heart was pounding and I was terrified (I also live alone). Was terrified for first 15-20 min, afraid to move or turn on lights inside. Eventually stood and kept watching, calling a friend on East Coast about it, then texting another friend. This went on a full 40-50 min.
6. Lost sight when I was looking down texting and looked back up, it was gone. Sky was brightening up with morning.